Dagger's strategy team is a close-knit group of deeply driven, passionate, and innovative thinkers, makers, and doers. We’re looking for another stellar addition to our team to help us craft and cultivate ideas that will strengthen our client offerings, win more awards, and help us achieve our goal as the most compelling agency Atlanta has ever seen.
Dagger’s strategy discipline expertly steers clients through the convergence of research, planning, content, and experience. The team is comprised of researchers, brand strategists, and content strategists who work closely alongside our media and analytics disciplines, and is adept at defining the right message within the right channels with the right multipliers for maximum impact.
As Group Director, Brand Strategy, you will be responsible for deriving strong, insight-driven strategic thinking across a diverse array of projects, stewarding execution of strategies on behalf of clients with a high degree of ownership at the client level. You will split your time between being a practitioner for clients, business development, and thought leadership. This is an excellent opportunity for a seasoned, entrepreneurial thinker who is eager to play a key role in shaping Dagger’s fast-growing Brand Strategy practice.
You are accountable for:
- Leading long-term brand strategies, medium-term brand planning, and communications strategies, and shorter-term engagement strategies for B2C and B2B clients
- Shepherding the brand vision across day-to-day working teams for large, integrated accounts as well as with senior client and integrated agency partners
- Identifying highly compelling insights and white space opportunities for brands, with an emphasis on understanding human behavior
- Developing inspiring creative briefs reflective of a singular strategic idea to guide creative for brand-level marketing campaigns
- Leading work streams including (but not limited to) competitive/ market analyses, brand DNA creation, positioning pyramids, tone of voice/ verbal identities, brand book creation, and messaging frameworks
- Using data to strengthen strategic recommendations, including thinking out of the box as to how data could be used to rally recommendation support
- Identifying research needs to uplevel data-driven strategic recommendations and overseeing research initiatives in partnership with research agency partners
- Actively contributing proactive thought leadership and ideas for up-leveling and up-selling client work, including leading the development of formal agency POVs and thought leadership outside of Dagger’s walls
- Proactively working with Account Management to analyze client’s businesses and recommend revenue-driving opportunities for strategic projects; develop proposals for the work, including processes, deliverables, and timeframes
- Acting as lead brand strategist for new business pitches in accelerated timeframes
- Participating in live pitch presentations for new business opportunities, with an ability to actively listen to prospective clients and craft (or adjust) narratives on the fly
- Stewarding the creation and rollout of new brand strategy offerings or process improvements to the agency or interdepartmentally
You are capable of:
- Acting as the voice of clarity on the direction to proceed during times of dissenting opinions or when the team is stuck
- Being the client-facing and internal go-to person for business, consumer, and communications planning insights and inspiration
- Leading client meetings, presentations, and workshops with Director/VP/SVP leaders in an organization, with a degree of gravitas and an ability to read and manage the room
- Forging strong interpersonal relationships – both internally and with Director/VP/SVP level clients, often at Fortune 500 companies
- Partnering with research agencies to develop research plans, including materials for executing research (surveys, discussion guides, etc.), as well as audience profile development
- Partnering with Dagger Insights & Analytics team to develop brand-level testing roadmaps
- Applying high attention to detail while juggling multiple priorities at once
- Reviewing work for junior team members as the final reviewer ahead of client delivery
- Coaching and challenging junior team members to propel their professional growth
- Collaborating and cross-educating the agency
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, both to clients and internally
- Thinking entrepreneurially and contributing positively to Dagger’s culture
- Previous experience with campaigns across traditional, digital and social media
- Previous experience working with Fortune 500 companies a plus
- Previous experience in the health Insurance/supplemental insurance verticals a plus
Join an award-winning team, named one of Ad Age’s 2021 Best Places to Work, the recipient of a 2020 Ad Age Small Agency of the Year Award (Silver, Southeast), and consecutively listed in Adweek’s 100 fastest-growing agencies (2019, 2020).
- Paid Parental and Adoption/Caregiver Leave
- Continuing Education stipend
- On-site cafe with barista on staff in addition to complimentary snacks and beverages
- Dog-friendly office in Old Fourth Ward with direct access to the BeltLine
- Company-wide social events like Happy Hours, retreats, and more! (We're remote for now, but keeping the human connection alive with socially-distanced team events.)
- Wellness Fridays
Who We Are
Dagger is a full-service creative agency leading the way in Atlanta. Driving clients’ business outcomes with a nimble, media-company mindset, we innovate new ways to capture attention by distributing valuable content across media. Butter.ATL, Dagger’s in-house media company (a 2020 Webby Award honoree), is Atlanta’s definitive culture channel and a sought-after stage for the city’s cultural icons. Equipped with in-house content production capabilities, Dagger offers brand and content strategy, storytelling, campaign thinking, media connections, and more.