Dagger is a close-knit group of deeply driven, passionate, and innovative thinkers, makers, and doers. We’re looking for another stellar addition to our team to help us craft and cultivate ideas that will strengthen our client offerings, win more awards, and help us achieve our goal as the most compelling agency Atlanta has ever seen.
As the consumer marketing landscape continues to evolve, we’re seeking to add a leader to help our clients and team navigate shifts in the ways we connect with consumers. As SVP, Strategy, you’ll cast a vision and approach to brand building in a modern age. We’re looking for a proven leader to guide an integrated strategy practice rooted in creative problem-solving.
Your team will be responsible for strategy at all levels—from business and brand strategy to omnichannel and tactical pull through. Members of your team will have expertise in brand planning/voice of the customer, digital/omnichannel strategy, data strategy, and media. Reporting to our Chief Strategy Officer, you will split your time between delivering (as a practitioner) for key clients, team mentorship, thought leadership, and business development.
You are accountable for:
- Stewarding the vision for the department and growth opportunities to build the team
- Leading and integrating a team of strategists across brand, content, data, and media
- Operational team leadership, including systematizing team processes, evolving offerings, and staffing accounts
- Developing meaningful senior client relationships
- Understanding clients’ businesses and how our efforts will deliver on their business goals
- Mobilizing support for strategies within the agency and in front of clients, fostering confidence and enthusiasm for the strategic direction set forth
- Developing and guiding your team in:
- Managing market research, audits, and voice of customer/insight generation initiatives
- Developing strategic frameworks for positioning, brand identity, and creative campaign development
- Writing inspiring briefs and ensuring creative ideas are on strategy and on-brand
- Designing innovative and highly effective communication plans, omnichannel strategies, and media plans
- Architecting, scoping, and estimating strategic approaches
- Stewarding (proactive) thought leadership and ideas for up-leveling client work, including the development of formal agency POVs
- Leading strategic recommendations for new business pitches
You are capable of:
- Applying strategic principles across industries/sectors
- Demonstrating a high fluency in how owned/earned/paid media intersect
- Leading client meetings with C-level leaders in an organization
- Defending strategic recommendations with a high degree of rigor
- Demonstrating sound judgment and discretion for conflict resolution
- Applying high attention to detail while juggling multiple priorities at once
- Coaching (and challenging) junior team members to propel their career growth
- Developing strong interdepartmental working relationships
- Cross-educating the agency on macro cultural trends and burgeoning areas of strategy
- Thinking entrepreneurially and contributing positively to Dagger’s culture
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, both to clients and internally
Join an award-winning team, named one of Ad Age’s 2021 Best Places to Work, the recipient of a 2020 Ad Age Small Agency of the Year Award (Silver, Southeast), and consecutively listed in Adweek’s 100 fastest-growing agencies (2019, 2020).
- Paid Parental and Adoption/Caregiver Leave
- Continuing Education stipend
- On-site cafe with barista on staff in addition to complimentary snacks and beverages
- Dog-friendly office in Old Fourth Ward with direct access to the BeltLine
- Company-wide social events like Happy Hours, retreats, and more! (We're remote for now, but keeping the human connection alive with socially-distanced team events.)
- Wellness Fridays
Who We Are
Dagger is a full-service creative agency leading the way in Atlanta. Driving clients’ business outcomes with a nimble, media-company mindset, we innovate new ways to capture attention by distributing valuable content across media. Butter.ATL, Dagger’s in-house media company (a 2020 Webby Award honoree), is Atlanta’s definitive culture channel and a sought-after stage for the city’s cultural icons. Equipped with in-house content production capabilities, Dagger offers brand and content strategy, storytelling, campaign thinking, media connections, and more.