Dagger is a close-knit group of deeply driven, passionate, innovative thinkers, makers, and doers. We’re looking for another stellar addition to our team to help us cultivate ideas that strengthen our client offerings, win more awards, and achieve our goal to be the most compelling agency Atlanta has ever seen.
As a Senior Brand Strategist (think, hybrid senior brand & comms planner), you’ll play a key role in defining brand strategies for a portfolio of clients--using research, data, intuition, and insights, you’ll develop integrated strategies that meet their business objectives. While no two days will look the same, you can expect some combination of the following:
- Collaborating in the development of brand positioning, campaign planning, and brand messaging via primary and secondary research.
- Translating brand and campaign plans into tactical content recommendations, with an emphasis on traditional media channels such as TV, radio, and OOH.
- Providing input throughout the creative development process to ensure all client deliverables are on strategy.
How can you tell if this role is right for you? If...
An entrepreneurial thinker, creative problem-solver, effective communicator, and a true team player. You’re known for tackling even the most complex challenges with a passionate, ‘can-do’ attitude, always assuming positive intent in your interactions with teammates and with clients. And you believe that, at the end of the day, ideas are only as good as their execution.
- Client-facing brand, planning, or strategy experience at an agency.
- Experience developing campaign provocations and narratives.
- Experience developing consumer journeys, comms plans, and comms architectures.
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative research design and stimuli development.
- The ability to turn research into insights and insights into creative and media briefings.
- The ability to understand and apply how tension drives behavior and attention.
- Ability to understand and interpret business and marketing data to support strategies.
- A strong understanding of traditional media, with an ability to integrate with digital communications channels – you’re a true 360° brand strategist who thinks holistically.
- Strong communication and presentation (both written and verbal) skills, with the ability to engage both internal and external audiences and stakeholders.
You’re really good at:
- Identifying key client business challenges and creatively solving solutions.
- Conducting research (consumer, cultural, competitive, channel, etc.) to glean relevant information/insights to drive client strategies and objectives forward.
- Using data and insights to inform and rationalize your ideas, providing evidence for the decisions throughout the campaign development process.
- Understanding and prioritizing target audiences, mapping consumer journeys, and channeling the voice-of-the-consumer across all work.
- Developing clear, compelling creative and media briefs and guiding campaign development.
- Developing comms plans and messaging architectures that cascade from brand to campaign to channel.
- Translating brand and campaign-level plans into content strategies for traditional media such as TV rotations, channel briefs, and partner content programs.
- Supporting brand positioning (and repositioning) POVs and recommendations.
- Leading discussions and presentations to internal teams, stakeholders, and clients.
- Cross-discipline collaboration, working closely with strategy, media, and creative counterparts to push and elevate the work.
- Providing thought leadership in the areas of consumer behavior and creative media.
- Taking ownership of projects and leading/guiding them from strategy to execution.
...we’d love to meet you. Apply today!
Join an award-winning team, named one of Ad Age’s 2021 Best Places to Work, the recipient of a 2020 Ad Age Small Agency of the Year Award (Silver, Southeast), and consecutively listed in Adweek’s 100 fastest-growing agencies (2019, 2020).
- Paid Parental and Adoption/Caregiver Leave
- Continuing Education stipend
- On-site cafe with barista on staff in addition to complimentary snacks and beverages
- Dog-friendly office in Old Fourth Ward with direct access to the BeltLine
- Company-wide social events like Happy Hours, retreats, and more! (We're remote for now, but keeping the human connection alive with socially-distanced team events.)
- Wellness Fridays
Who We Are
Dagger is a full-service creative agency leading the way in Atlanta. Driving clients’ business outcomes with a nimble, media-company mindset, we innovate new ways to capture attention by distributing valuable content across media. Butter.ATL, Dagger’s in-house media company (a 2020 Webby Award honoree), is Atlanta’s definitive culture channel and a sought-after stage for the city’s cultural icons. Equipped with in-house content production capabilities, Dagger offers brand and content strategy, storytelling, campaign thinking, media connections, and more.