Dagger’s creative department is a close-knit team of deeply driven, passionate, innovative thinkers, makers, and doers. We’re looking for another stellar addition to our award-winning team to help us craft and cultivate ideas that will strengthen our portfolio, win more awards, and help us achieve our goals as the most compelling agency Atlanta has ever seen.
Dagger’s searching for a Creative Director who has spent years working on cosmetic brands, luxury goods, or, ideally, the beauty and aesthetics space (brands like Botox, Juvederm, CoolSculpting, etc.). This person will most likely have a design/art direction background, but we're not opposed to a writer if you're a great fit.
This person has to be the full package: a solid foundation of craft and the ability to teach it, strong interface skills with senior clients, strong presentation skills, an understanding of the client's business, and the ability to see the big picture. We need this person to be the go-to creative leader on a major piece of business, for both our internal team and our client. To be a culture fit at Dagger, this person should be confident but ego-free, highly collaborative, flexible in the way they work, and a team player in every way. As a Creative Director...
You are accountable for:
- Creating, defining, and presenting creative direction that reflects and elevates the approved brief, brand strategy, and client end goals. Your work must consistently elevate the creative vision of both your team and the agency as a whole.
- Leading the creative team through the ideation and creation of ideas and concepts for print and digital media and the design or copywriting of nested assets within said structures and concepts. You will also manage, lead, mentor, and collaborate with other members of the team.
- Providing key insight and structure to a team of immensely talented individuals, guiding them with individual consideration, and providing a level of healthy tension to promote growth, confidence, and relentless improvement.
- Using a keen eye for detail and uninterruptible focus to maintain consistency in conceptual integrity, campaign cohesion, brief alignment, and technical precision of your team’s work to ensure it is top-notch, award-winning, and expectation-defying.
- Presenting the creative team’s work to clients and internal teams.
- Taking pride and ownership of your work, accepting accountability for your output. This includes being an excellent communicator, understanding and elevating creative briefs, and maintaining the visual and technical integrity of Dagger’s creative vision for client and internal work.
- Having a proactive attitude and approach to your growth and personal development. An insatiable appetite for learning and improving is a must, as well as a willingness to advocate for and participate in your own professional and personal growth, meeting challenging situations and uncomfortable conversations with empathy and radical candor.
- As a senior creative team member, you are responsible for instilling and extracting greatness from the team. This may require technical coaching, professional mentorship, and long-term career planning. This may also require you to allow for space for employees to occasionally fail or frequently shine. (More patience. Less ego.)
You are capable of:
- Staying inspired and up-to-date on relevant content and trends to share interesting insights that inspire creative work and help keep your team’s work on the edge of what’s next.
- Working with various creative team members to create and realize goals for client and internal work, alike. You are also capable of coming up with your own ideas, testing them against a creative brief, and being able (but not always expected) to execute them through to completion in your respective field.
- Communicating clearly with other team members, including executive leadership, client leads, art directors, designers, project managers, finance, HR, etc.
- Whether on the phone, on location in a client’s office, or internally-only, you are expected to enter into this role with an expert level of confidence in presenting, defending, and selling creative work.
- Developing creative direction that strategically supports and elevates a concept. Your work should inspire your team and push the envelope for clients.
- Offering, accepting, understanding, and acting upon feedback and criticism. This includes the ability to stand behind and explain your work to team members and pulling together to make the work better.
- Meeting and communicating about project milestones and deadlines. You must communicate clearly with your client teams to ensure you can accurately estimate your time investment and stay within the time budgeted for your work. Expert time, task, and stress management is a must.
- Taking accountability and responsibility for advancing the clientele, portfolio samples, conceptual chops, and skill offerings of our agency in a continual state of healthy tension.
- A willingness and ability to manage creative team members, caring for their technical abilities, professional demeanor, and career growth. More than that, a willingness and ability to have tough conversations, deliver difficult feedback, and manage with empathy and radical candor.
- Creative Directors will be responsible for leading the creative charge of our new business opportunities. A fondness and familiarity for the pace, stress level, and high expectations of a pitching environment are mandatory.
- A stellar portfolio that includes digital, print, and experiential.
- Significant creative leadership experience in an agency environment managing creative employees.
Join an award-winning team, named one of Ad Age’s 2021 Best Places to Work, the recipient of a 2020 Ad Age Small Agency of the Year Award (Silver, Southeast), and consecutively listed in Adweek’s 100 fastest-growing agencies (2019, 2020).
- Paid Parental and Adoption/Caregiver Leave
- Continuing Education stipend
- On-site cafe with barista on staff in addition to complimentary snacks and beverages
- Dog-friendly office in Old Fourth Ward with direct access to the BeltLine
- Company-wide social events like Happy Hours, retreats, and more! (We're remote for now, but keeping the human connection alive with socially-distanced team events.)
- Wellness Fridays