Dagger is a close-knit group of deeply driven, passionate, innovative thinkers, makers, and doers. We’re looking for another stellar addition to our team to help us cultivate ideas that strengthen our client offerings, win more awards, and achieve our goal to be the most compelling agency Atlanta has ever seen.
We are hiring a Designer to support the creative team by designing visual assets for print and digital media and conceptual thinking and creating large-scale visual campaigns and individual assets alike.
How can you tell if this role is right for you?
If you have:
- A solid mix of experience and education.
- Existing design portfolio.
- 2-4 years experience in an agency environment in a creative position.
- A track record of developing designs that strategically support a concept, whether by directly translating an art director’s vision into campaign assets or adding your creative insight to better translate more flexible concepts into actuality.
- Experience meeting and communicating about project milestones and deadlines. You must communicate clearly with your client teams (and including art directors, designers, project managers, executive leadership, etc.) to ensure you can accurately estimate your time investment, as well as stay within the time budgeted for your work. Expert time, task, and stress management is a must.
- Working with a variety of creative team members to realize their creative visions for client and internal work alike.
And you’re really good at:
- Like all Dagger employees, Graphic Designers are accountable for having a proactive attitude and approach to your growth and personal development. An insatiable appetite for learning and improving is a must, as well as a willingness to advocate for and participate in your own professional and personal growth, meeting challenging situations and uncomfortable conversations with empathy and radical candor.
- Creating designs from existing art direction that reflect the approved brief, visual direction, and required formats, sizes, and production requirements of creative projects. Your work must seamlessly integrate with and/or elevate the creative vision initially set forth by art or creative directors.
- Taking pride and ownership of your work, accepting accountability for your output. This includes being a great communicator, understanding and acting upon creative briefs and existing creative direction, and maintaining the visual and technical integrity of Dagger’s creative vision for client and internal work.
- Understanding and maintaining the mindset that some projects will require a direct translation of provided art direction, while some (when explicitly directed) will provide room for creative interpretation. You are accountable for knowing which is which and technically expressing the work in either avenue with precision and enthusiasm.
- Independently exercising good judgment and discretion when managing internal and external client expectations.
- Researching to uncover new and interesting insights that inspire creative work and help keep your work on the edge of trends and innovations in the market.
...we’d love to meet you. Apply today!
Join an award-winning team, named one of Ad Age’s 2021 Best Places to Work, the recipient of a 2020 Ad Age Small Agency of the Year Award (Silver, Southeast), and consecutively listed in Adweek’s 100 fastest-growing agencies (2019, 2020).
- Comprehensive health & wellness benefits and generous paid time off.
- Paid Parental and Adoption/Caregiver Leave.
- Continuing Education stipend.
- Company-wide social events like Happy Hours, retreats, and more! (We're remote for now, but keeping the human connection alive with socially-distanced team events.)
- Wellness Fridays.
- On-site cafe with barista on staff in addition to complimentary snacks and beverages.
- Dog-friendly office in Old Fourth Ward with direct access to the BeltLine.
Who We Are
Dagger is a full-service creative agency leading the way in Atlanta. Driving clients’ business outcomes with a nimble, media-company mindset, we innovate new ways to capture attention by distributing valuable content across media. Butter.ATL, Dagger’s in-house media company (a 2020 Webby Award honoree), is Atlanta’s definitive culture channel and a sought-after stage for the city’s cultural icons. Equipped with in-house content production capabilities, Dagger offers brand and content strategy, storytelling, campaign thinking, media connections, and more.