Dagger is a close-knit group of deeply driven, passionate, innovative thinkers, makers, and doers. We’re looking for another stellar addition to our team to help us cultivate ideas that strengthen our client offerings, win more awards, and achieve our goal to be the most compelling agency Atlanta has ever seen.
An entrepreneurial thinker, creative problem-solver, effective communicator, and true team player. You’re known for tackling even the most complex challenges with a passionate, ‘can-do’ attitude, always assuming positive intent in your interactions with teammates and with clients. And you believe that, at the end of the day, ideas are only as good as their execution
- As a Copywriter, you’ll support the creative team by developing strong concepts rooted in smart strategy and writing copy that intrigues and persuades audiences to act.
- Together with creative directors, art directors, designers, other copywriters, editors, etc., you’ll create work for a variety of media including digital, video, social, web, and print.
- You’ll work with ACDs and Senior Copywriters to hone your craft and produce the highest caliber of work possible.
You are accountable for:
- Uncovering new and interesting insights that inspire creative work
- Working with a variety of creative team members to develop concepts for video, social and digital, among others.
- Writing and developing all manner of copy including scripts, social posts, headlines, body copy, CTAs, you name it.
- Presenting work to managers to ensure concepts and copy align strategically with the brand and brief, including messaging, voice, and tone.
- Taking pride and ownership of your work. This includes doing research, checking facts, proofreading, and asking for help when you need it.
- Like all Dagger employees, Copywriters are accountable for having a proactive attitude and approach to your growth and personal development. An insatiable appetite for learning and improving is a must.
You are capable of:
- Asking thoughtful questions -- and lots of them!
- Communicating clearly with other members of the team including art directors, designers, project managers, executive leadership, etc.
- Developing copy that strategically supports a concept, whether that means it is emotional, educational, inspiring, entertaining, etc.
- Accepting, understanding, and acting upon feedback and criticism. This includes the ability to stand behind and explain your work to managers and account teams and working together to make the work better.
- Meeting and communicating about project milestones and deadlines.
- Experience working in an agency environment
- B2B experience is a plus, but certainly not mandatory
Join an award-winning team, named one of Ad Age’s 2021 Best Places to Work, the recipient of a 2020 Ad Age Small Agency of the Year Award (Silver, Southeast), and consecutively listed in Adweek’s 100 fastest-growing agencies (2019, 2020).
- Paid Parental and Adoption/Caregiver Leave
- Continuing Education stipend
- On-site cafe with barista on staff in addition to complimentary snacks and beverages
- Dog-friendly office in Old Fourth Ward with direct access to the BeltLine
- Company-wide social events like Happy Hours, retreats, and more! (We're remote for now, but keeping the human connection alive with socially-distanced team events.)
- Wellness Fridays
Who We Are
Dagger is a full-service creative agency leading the way in Atlanta. Driving clients’ business outcomes with a nimble, media-company mindset, we innovate new ways to capture attention by distributing valuable content across media. Butter.ATL, Dagger’s in-house media company (a 2020 Webby Award honoree), is Atlanta’s definitive culture channel and a sought-after stage for the city’s cultural icons. Equipped with in-house content production capabilities, Dagger offers brand and content strategy, storytelling, campaign thinking, media connections, and more.