Dagger’s production team is integral to the company’s success. The team functions as a production company within the agency, offering creative consultation and end to end services. Every member of the team was hired for their diverse skill set and excellent personality. We have a great time while creating fulfilling and challenging work.
The Video Editor and Motion Graphics Artist is the final key to ensure awesome work is coming out of the video department. This role encapsulates various post-production skills to provide speed and efficiency to the company’s workflow. Communication is extremely important as well as creative problem-solving. Editing is more than technical skill, it’s an art form.
This role reports directly to Video Director and Creative Leads on specific projects. Being able to adequately seek out feedback is also very important. This role is responsible for many different aspects of the video post-production, but will often be in conjunction with designers and animators.
You are accountable for:
Creating and delivering video projects. Analyzing a creative brief, editing and organizing footage you did not necessarily shoot, and delivering all assets by the deadline.
You have the experience to:
Edit in Premiere Pro and After Effects in a streamlined workflow. Color correction and audio editing is also necessary. You must know the best practices for social media and how to encode and optimize for each platform. Organization and communication are key qualities.
• 3+ years of experience as a professional within the industry
• Friendly and humble self-starter
• Highly proficient in Premiere, After Effects and Photoshop
• Color correction experience
• Deep knowledge of video formats, codecs, and standards
• Understanding of film production and post-production terminology
• Passionate about film production, technology, digital media, emerging platforms, and collaboration
• Familiarity with social media platforms and best practices
• Initiative to try new things, the humbleness to admit when wrong and willingness to change course
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Adaptability and the ability to diagnose issues before they arise
• Tuned into the latest industry developments and innovations
• Great personality and sense of humor
• 2d / 3d Animation
• Production skills (photography, audio, camera, grip, etc.)
• VFX skills (rotoscoping, compositing, screen replacement, and motion tracking)
• Music production