Dagger’s creative department is a close-knit team of deeply driven, passionate, and innovative thinkers, makers, and doers. We’re looking for another stellar addition to our award-winning team to help us craft and cultivate ideas that will strengthen our portfolio, win more awards, and help us achieve our goals as the most compelling agency Atlanta has ever seen.
About The Role
The Creative Manager will act as a liaison between Business Leadership, Project Management and Creative Services by reviewing project requests, distributing work to internal resources, requesting more information when needed, and communicating obstacles that would prevent delivering and exceptional final work product. In this role, there is an expectation to improve upon our current management processes within creative services. The ideal will have experience with creative resource management and be capable of helping internal teams prioritize work and manage their time so projects are completed on time. Candidates with some knowledge of video production and willing to step in as a Producer when needed on projects is a bonus.
You are accountable for:
- Serving as day-to-day Creative Services point of contact for our internal teams and provide strategic consulting, project management, and cross-functional resource management.
- Managing approval process under Creative and Business Leaders, making sure all required stakeholders have reviewed and approved projects.
- Collaborating with the working team and key stakeholders on project status, project specifications, and any roadblocks to meet project goals.
- Maintaining an orderly flow of work through the Creative Department.
- Accurately scoping and prioritizing projects based on agency goals
- Playing a resource management role in the development and execution of new business opportunities.
- Interfacing with vendors and freelancers when necessary
- Managing budgets and fulfilling purchases of stock images, video, and any licensed music for all projects
- Stepping in as a Video Producer when needed. This would require creative problem solving and ownership of pre-production and production tasks including working within budgets, realizing actual expenses, securing talent and location, on-set crew, etc.
You are capable of:
- Maintaining a work quality with exceptional organization and a relentless attention to detail and passion for quality
- Working under pressure to prioritize consistently changing tasks and deadlines
- Keeping a positive attitude with a leadership mindset and challenging team members (when necessary) in a professional manner
- Strong verbal, written and problem-solving skills
Understanding and influencing change within the creative process
- Understanding all agency functions, project management procedures and how a creative team functions within an agency environment
- Stepping seamlessly into the role of Video Producer when needed
- Minimum 5-7 years experience required in a project management, creative manager or resource manager function (agency experience preferred)
- Comprehensive understanding of agency functions & project management procedures
- Knowledge of production processes, quality control, costs and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture, creation and distribution of marketing materials
Built after the era of mobile and social proliferation, Dagger is a strategic content agency designed to lead brands within today’s fast-moving, consumer-driven marketplace. We believe that to prosper, brands must behave more like media companies — innovating new ways to capture people’s attention by distributing culturally relevant content across all forms of media.
Join a close-knit, award winning team, recently named to Inc. 5000's List of the Nation's Fastest Growing Companies and listed in Atlanta Business Chronicle's Best Places To Work.
- Paid Parental and Adoption/Caregiver Leave
- Continuing Education stipend
- On-site cafe with barista on staff in addition to complimentary snacks and beverages
- Dog-friendly office in Old Fourth Ward with direct access to the BeltLine
- Company wide social events (Happy Hours and more!)