Dagger is a close-knit company of deeply driven, passionate, and innovative thinkers, makers and doers. We’re looking for another stellar addition to our team to help us craft and cultivate ideas that will strengthen our client offerings, win more awards, and help us achieve our goal as the most compelling agency Atlanta has ever seen.
Dagger’s strategy department expertly steers clients through the convergence of research, planning, content, and experience. The team is comprised of researchers and strategists, who work closely alongside our media and analytics arm, and is adept at defining the right message within the right channels with the right multipliers for maximum impact.
The Senior Strategist is responsible for deriving strong consumer insights, defining strategic approaches, and stewarding execution of strategies on behalf of clients. This person is on the cutting edge of digital mediums, constantly crafting ideas and connections that can be locally and globally implemented, showing an understanding of digital behaviors on a worldwide level.
You are accountable for:
- Assessing market and competitive landscapes to identify insights and white space opportunities for brands
- Developing briefing documents that inspire and support creative and media decisions
- Developing and presenting integrated strategic recommendations, with an emphasis on content and channel recommendations across social media, websites, email, influencers, traditional media and more
Using data to strengthen strategic recommendations, which includes a comfort level pulling and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data that tells a story
- Maintaining a high fluency on channel best practices across digital mediums with an emphasis on social media, including evolving algorithms
- Maintaining awareness and understanding of emerging digital and social media trends and best-in-class tactics being used by others
- Actively contributing (proactive) thought leadership and ideas for up-leveling and up-selling client work, including development of formal agency POVs
- Contributing strategic recommendations for new business pitches in accelerated timeframes with little background information
You are capable of:
- Applying strategic principles across industries / sectors within B2B and B2C verticals
- Understanding paid media and where owned / earned intersect with paid
- Balancing big-picture ideas with digging in to bring those ideas to life tactically
- Visually presenting strategic concepts within easy-to-understand frameworks that align to tactical implementation plans
- Leading client meetings / presentations with Director leaders in an organization
- Defending strategic recommendations with a high degree of rigor and professionalism
- Applying a high attention to detail while juggling multiple priorities at once
- Forging strong interpersonal relationships – both internal and with mid-level clients
- Coaching (and challenging) junior team members to propel their career growth
- Collaborating inside and outside of your department to produce work of exceptional quality while simultaneously cross-educating the agency
- Infusing new ideas for process improvements within the strategy department
- Thinking entrepreneurially and contributing positively to Dagger’s culture
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, both to clients and internally
Join a close-knit, award winning team, recently named to Inc. 5000's List of the Nation's Fastest Growing Companies and listed in Atlanta Business Chronicle's Best Places To Work.
- Paid Parental and Adoption/Caregiver Leave
- Employee Incentive Program that promotes wellbeing and ongoing development
- Continuing Education stipend
- On-site cafe with barista on staff in addition to complimentary snacks and beverages
- Dog-friendly office in Old Fourth Ward with direct access to the BeltLine
- Company wide social events (Happy Hours and more!)