Dagger is a close-knit company of deeply driven, passionate, and innovative thinkers, makers and doers. We’re looking for another stellar addition to our team to help us craft and cultivate ideas that will strengthen our client offerings, win more awards, and help us achieve our goal as the most compelling agency Atlanta has ever seen.
Dagger’s strategy discipline expertly steers clients through the convergence of research, planning, content, and experience. The team is comprised of researchers, brand strategists, and content strategists who work closely alongside our media and analytics disciplines, and are adept at defining the right message within the right channels, with the right multipliers for maximum impact.
The Strategist role is focused on content and social media. This person is responsible for deriving strong consumer insights, defining strategic content approaches for social media channels, and stewarding execution of social media strategies on behalf of clients. This person is eager to learn, has a strong aptitude for social and digital platforms, and is able to craft ideas and connections that show a deep understanding of social media behaviors across a spectrum of channels and ecosystems. This person is able to work in a fast-paced environment to continuously stay on top of trends and help bring content ideas to life.
Must have proven expertise in Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, Pinterest, and YouTube.
You are accountable for:
- Conducting brand, competitive and market audits/ research to identify insights, white space and strategic content opportunities for brands
- Developing content strategies to further clients’ business goals, including recommendations for content topics, messaging, and channels, with a heavy focus on social media
- Executing content strategies, including developing and maintaining messaging/topical calendars
- Developing briefing documents that inspire and support creative and media decisions
- Bringing forth content ideas and brainstorming alongside creative to help steward strategies through to execution
- Being plugged into culture and up on trends, with an understanding for how to translate cultural conversations into branded content that drives earned media
- Understanding and applying content and channel best practices to digital mediums, with an emphasis on paid and organic social media
- Consulting on the assessment of content performance, in close collaboration with analytics, to make data-driven optimization recommendations
- Staying up-to-date on evolving channel platforms, with a pulse on new functionalities, updates and net new platforms to infuse into client strategies and creative thinking
- Maintaining awareness and understanding of emerging digital and social media trends and best-in-class tactics being used by other brands
- Actively contributing (proactive) thought leadership and ideas for up-leveling and up-selling client work, including development of formal agency POVs
You are capable of:
- Understanding various social media channels and how content comes to life in unique, interesting ways based on the channel
- Applying strategic principles across industries / sectors within B2B and B2C verticals
- Understanding paid media and where owned / earned intersect with paid
- Balancing big-picture ideas while digging into the details to bring those ideas to life tactically
- Applying a high attention to detail to both visual and written presentation of information, while juggling multiple priorities at once
- Forging strong interpersonal relationships inside and outside of your department
- Collaborating inside and outside of your department to produce work of exceptional quality while simultaneously cross-educating the agency
- Infusing new ideas for process improvements within the strategy department
- Thinking entrepreneurially and contributing positively to Dagger’s culture
- Problem-solving in your day to day tasks, while able to identify issues that need to be escalated in a prompt manner
- Managing your own workload and initiating internal reviews with your manager with enough time to adjust before deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, both to clients and internally
- Excellent PowerPoint skills to support in the creation of visually strong presentations