Dagger’s creative department is a close-knit team of deeply driven, passionate, and innovative thinkers, makers, and doers. We’re looking for another stellar addition to our award-winning team to help us achieve our goals as the most compelling agency Atlanta has ever seen.
- As an Art Director, you support the creative team through the ideation to production for a variety of media including print, digital, video, social, and web.
- You’ll lead, mentor, and collaborate with more junior members of the team.
- You’ll work with Senior Art Directors and ACDs to hone your craft and produce the highest caliber of work possible.
You are accountable for:
- Developing ideas and visuals for a variety of channels, which could include television, print, social, stunt -- you name it
- Creating concept decks to present your ideas in a thoughtful and visually appealing way. This could include making storyboards, key visuals, social posts or other campaign assets. You will typically partner with a copywriter in this development but you should be prepared to make your own creative.
- Taking pride and ownership of your work. This includes doing research, managing your time effectively, and asking for help when you need it.
- Presenting work to managers to ensure concepts and visuals align strategically with the brand and brief, including messaging and design.
- Like all Dagger employees, Art Directors are accountable for having a proactive attitude and approach to your growth and personal development. An insatiable appetite for learning and improving is a must.
You are capable of:
- Asking thoughtful questions -- and lots of them!
- Doing research to uncover new and interesting insights that inspire creative work.
- Working with a variety of creative team members to develop concepts for video, social and digital, among others.
- Communicating clearly with other members of the team including writers, designers, project managers, executive leadership, etc.
- Developing visuals that strategically supports a concept
- Accepting, understanding and acting upon feedback and criticism. This includes the ability to stand behind and explain your work to managers and account teams, and working together to make the work better.
- Meeting and communicating about project milestones and deadlines.
- Portfolio that shows strong creative thinking and problem solving
- 4-6 years experience, agency background preferred but not required