At Dagger we think project management is more than creating timelines and following a step-by-step process. We believe good project management involves leading people, on-your-feet problem solving, and evolving processes. We believe project management is actually defined as the strategic use of knowledge, skills, tools, and leadership techniques to achieve specific goals and deliver great work for our clients.
So rather than calling our team project or program management, we say Client Delivery.
The Client Delivery team enables and executes great work in the smartest way possible. We’re problem solvers, expert communicators, and inspiring motivators who believe every idea is only as good as its execution. We balance the needs of our teams with the demands of the business, and we get excited about transforming big ideas into perfectly executed deliverables.
We are looking for a Director, Client Delivery to join our team and lead client and agency operations on a large book of business. This role requires both hands-on responsibilities and oversight of a team of more junior team members. The ideal candidate will have experience leading large-scale campaigns with multiple work streams and managing multi-million dollar budgets. This person should be very media savvy with a solid understanding of TV and Digital executions and production.
You are accountable for:
- Developing new methodologies, standards and best practices tailored to the work you oversee to create seamless communication and collaboration across all disciplines
- Producing top-down and bottom-up scope estimates, project schedules, resource plans and risk and change management plans, utilizing appropriate tools
- Solving problems creatively and translating those solutions into the appropriate project management tools
- Clarifying strategic requirements and translating complex ideas and client requests
- Supervising direct reports and junior team members on project management best practices and overall business acumen, ensuring consistent, growth-oriented performance
- Leading employee engagement opportunities and fostering cross-discipline relationships to better our agency’s culture, resources, talent development, and marketplace position
You are capable of:
- Demonstrating practiced organizational skills with high attention to detail and the ability to juggle multiple priorities at once
- Learning new concepts quickly, easily making connections among previously unrelated ideas, and enjoying the challenge of unfamiliar tasks
- Independently exercising good judgement and discretion when managing clients
- Commanding an audience, formally or informally
- Driving process management, operational improvement and production workflows
- Thinking entrepreneurially and contributing positively to Dagger’s culture
- 8+ years of experience, agency experience required
- Experience with multiple types of media - TV, Digital, Radio
- Experience managing budgets over $1MM
- Familiar with broadcast production processes