Dagger is a close-knit company of deeply driven, passionate, and innovative thinkers, makers and doers. We’re looking for another stellar addition to our team to help us craft and cultivate ideas that will strengthen our client offerings, win more awards, and help us achieve our goal as the most compelling agency Atlanta has ever seen.
Dagger’s strategy department is comprised of strategists across brand, content and data, who work closely alongside our media arm. The team is adept at defining the right message within the right channels with the right multipliers for maximum impact.
The Strategist, Content is responsible for defining strategic approaches and stewarding execution of strategies on behalf of clients. This person is eager to learn, has a natural curiosity about the world that leads them to continually ask “why”, and has a strong aptitude for social and digital platforms. Dagger is looking for a strategist with social knowledge and 3 - 5 years of experience.
You are accountable for:
- Conducting brand, competitive and market audits/ research that surface salient insights in easy-to-digest formats to inform strategic direction for clients
- Performing social listening analyses that help uncover audience insights, inform strategy and content, and demonstrate critical thinking skills
- Developing briefing documents that inspire and support creative and media decisions
- Developing content and channel strategies to further client business goals, including but not limited to the identification of content arcs, messaging direction, and channel recommendations, with an emphasis on social media channels
- Developing and maintaining messaging/topical calendars for publication
- Demonstrating a strong understanding of content best practices and applying those to strategic needs across digital mediums (social media, email, web, etc.)
- Consulting on the assessment of content performance, in close collaboration with analytics, to make data-driven optimization recommendations
- Maintaining an understanding on channel best practices across digital mediums with an emphasis on social media platforms, including evolving algorithms
- Maintaining awareness and understanding of emerging digital and social media trends and best-in-class tactics being used by others
You are capable of:
- Applying strategic concepts and channel best practices across B2C and B2B clients
- Applying a high attention to detail to both visual and written presentation of information
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities at once without sacrificing quality of deliverables
- Forging strong interpersonal relationships and collaboration inside and outside of your department
- Taking initiative on work streams and having a high degree of accountability to delivering the best work and on time; identifying issues that need to be escalated and doing so promptly
- Leading client meetings / presentations with day-to-day contacts in an organization
- Addressing client or internal questions in both in-person and written scenarios and having a strong sense of what questions to ask of clients or internal team members
- Support in the creation of client-facing POVs with an emphasis on both platform updates and client implications
- Infusing new ideas for process improvements within the strategy department
- Thinking entrepreneurially and contributing positively to Dagger’s culture
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, both to clients and internally
- Excellent PowerPoint skills to support in the creation of visually strong presentations
Join a close-knit, award winning team, recently named to Inc. 5000's List of the Nation's Fastest Growing Companies and listed in Atlanta Business Chronicle's Best Places To Work.
- Paid Parental and Adoption/Caregiver Leave
- Employee Incentive Program that promotes wellbeing and ongoing development
- Continuing Education stipend
- On-site cafe with barista on staff in addition to complimentary snacks and beverages
- Dog-friendly office in Old Fourth Ward with direct access to the BeltLine
- Company wide social events (Happy Hours and more!)
Who We Are
Built after the era of mobile and social proliferation, Dagger is a strategic content agency designed to lead brands within today’s fast-moving, consumer-driven marketplace. We believe that to prosper, brands must behave more like media companies — innovating new ways to capture people’s attention by distributing culturally relevant content across all forms of media.